Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Letter Pop, Letter Pop!

Each year we, as teachers, create goals for our classrooms in an effort to make things go smoother and more effective. 

This year it is my goal to play a game each day before Reader's Worshop. These games will review skills and get the kids moving. 

One game I saw while at I Teach K! was called "Letter Pop, Letter Pop." This game used Dr. Jean's song and made it active and super cute. 

Here is the original idea I loved at at I Teach K! in Vegas last week. 



I decided to make one like it, but add my own flair! Here are the steps I took:


1. I went to Michael's and picked up 6 pieces of stiffened felt (.99 cents) and some felt letters ($4.99- but I used a 40% off coupon). 



2. I want to make the lollipop circles. I found a small juice cup in my cabinet and simply traced it 9 times. (Note: I am making 52 lollipops- 2 games)


3. Cut all the circles out! Whew!



3. Stick the felt alphabet stickers to the circles. 


4. Not Pictured: Hot glue a popsicle stick to the back of each circle. Viola! Lollipops! 

5. I fell in love with fabric at Joann's that was lollipop filled. I sewed a little bag to store my lollipops in. 



6. I added a ribbon drawstring to close the bag and add the lyrics. 


Now you have a super cute game that will practice letter sounds. If you have not heard the song, then check out the CD "Building Better Brains and Bodies." 

Here is a YouTube Clip...fast forward to about 1:00 in- you can hear the song. These are simply props! 



1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! Can I follow your blog by e-mail? I looked at some of your past posts and I love the ideas that you share!
    Cathy
    beagle2love@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete