Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day Rewind

Valentine's Day was quite low key in our classroom. Yes, we still had a party and passed out Valentine's cards. 

First, I love decorating for each holiday. My door always has a cute saying and always displays each child's name. 

Each week we have a new poem. It usually is thematic or holiday based. I try to add motions to each line, hence keeping all learners focuses. This one is 'Five Little Valentine's.' 



After our poem, there is always a morning message or letter written by me. It welcomes the students and tells our daily activities. I use my morning message for many things...some days we make graphs, write sight words, or share information. 


During our Daily 5 time, we enjoyed some fun word work activities. Here is an activity I got from Mrs. Ricca. I added my own special flair, but it was super cute! 


I made a Write the Room sheet for Valentine's Day and President's Day. Click the links for the freebies! 


These are the super cute bags we made to collect our Valentine's in.
 I found it from the ladies at Me and My Gang




 Before our party, we got started with some sweet tarts. We sorted, graphed, and analyzed. The students LOVED graphing and eating. 


This sweetie was so hard working :) 


We had a fabulous party filled with food, games, and crafts. 

Hope you had a very special Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment