Friday, July 27, 2012

Jitter Glitter

The day before the first day of school is Visit Day (Open House) at my school. This is a special time for all students and parents, but especially Kinders as they prepare for such a big day- THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

To calm the nerves I send home the ever so cute Jitter Glitter. What is Jitter Glitter you ask? 

It is simply a small pinch of glitter that students put on their head at bedtime. Yes, it may sound a little strange -but I had so many positive comments about it last year. 

So how do I package it and send it home? 

Here is what you need:

  • Extra-Small ziplock bags -I got them from the bead section at Michael's
  • Glitter -any color
  • Envelope-regular letter sized 
  • Labels-see below
  • Poem-see below 
How to assemble:
  1. Put a pinch of glitter in each ziplock bag. One bag per student.
  2. Print out the poem, tri-fold it. 
  3. Before you stuff the poem in the envelope, place the small bag of glitter in it. 
  4. Seal the envelope. 
  5. Place the label on the outside. 
  6. Viola! 
Click for the FREE labels and letter

I know I found the poem on the internet, it is not my own creating. If anyone knows the author, please let me know and I will give full credit. 

Disclaimer- if you decide send out Jitter Glitter, you must have the glitter on your head to show for it. The Kinders WILL SHOW YOU THEIRS!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment